I trust Morningside Nannies & their research into their nannies more than any of the other seven agencies we talked with. The checks are reliable and the quality of nannies was superb. The process of finding a nanny was handled quite professionally.
As a new mom I was nervous about hiring a nanny, but now I couldn’t be more pleased. I’ve sung your praises to everyone I know.
I described the person I wanted and that’s what you found for me. Thank you.
I had an emergency situation and had a nanny sent over for the following day. I am so pleased with the service provided by Morningside Nannies. My son immediately fell in love with the nanny assigned to us. We couldn’t be happier.
We’ve placed ads in newspapers on two occasions and have gone through an Au Pair program twice. This has been our best experience by far!
I liked the fact that you screened the candidates before sending them to us, rather than sending the candidate to me before I knew anything about them, like happened with (name withheld), your competition.
We used two other services and an online service. Morningside Nannies had the most highly qualified candidates, one of whom we selected.
I am delighted with the outcome, and enjoyed the process.
Objective and professional with an obvious personal touch, small but important comments about each person.
The quality of candidates was very good. It was a difficult decision but Amy has proven to be a wonderful choice. We could not have found a better person. I would recommend your services to anyone looking for a nanny.
CLIENT SERVICE AGREEMENT
As a client I understand and accept the following terms and conditions and enter into this client agreement.
1. Services: Client desires to hire an employee (“Candidate”) to provide childcare, eldercare, housekeeping or other domestic services. MN is a referral agency and will make reasonable efforts according to applicable law to refer Candidates to Client. However, Client understands and agrees that employing a Candidate is ultimately Client’s decision, and that signing up with or paying MN does not guarantee that MN will find a suitable Candidate for Client.
2. Client Is Candidate’s Employer: MN is not a party to any agreement made between Client and a Candidate. Client understands and agrees that the Candidate’s work schedule, compensation, and the method, manner and means of employment, and any other terms and conditions of employment, will be determined by Client and the Candidate. MN will not be responsible for the Candidate’s direction, supervision, control or compensation, and MN is not the Candidate’s employer or co-employer with Client. Rather, Client will be solely responsible for the Candidate’s direction, supervision, control and compensation, and Client understands and agrees that Client is the Candidate’s employer. Accordingly, Client understands and agrees that Client will be responsible for all employer related taxes, withholdings, worker’s compensation insurance, obligations and requirements according to applicable law.
3. Confidential Information: Client understands and agrees that, to the maximum extent allowed by law, all information and materials about Candidates are to be kept strictly confidential, are the property of MN, and are to be used only in conjunction with MN’s referral services. If Client provides Candidate information to another party and the other party hires or otherwise engages the Candidate without compensating MN its full fees, Client will be responsible for paying MN’s full fees as stated in this Agreement as if MN had placed the Candidate with a client.
4. Fee Schedule: Client agrees to pay MN a non-refundable $100 Search Fee to begin the placement process. Additionally, in the event Client employs or otherwise engages the services of a Candidate referred or introduced by MN to Client, at any time from within one year of the date of MN’s referral or introduction of the Candidate to Client, for any position even if not for the position originally sought by Client, Client agrees to pay MN six weeks of the Candidate’s Total Gross Annual Compensation as a Referral Fee with a minimum fee of $1,000.
“Total Gross Annual Compensation” includes all compensation in whatever form, including but not limited to hourly wages, salary, bonuses, and the value of insurance and room and board, received by the Candidate from Client during the Candidate’s first year of employment with Client. Total Gross Annual Compensation is calculated by multiplying the Candidate’s weekly compensation by 52, or monthly compensation multiplied by 12, regardless of the duration of employment. Client agrees to provide MN with the Candidate’s start date and to accurately report all of the Candidate’s Total Gross Annual Compensation to MN. If the Candidate’s compensation increases during the first year of the placement, Client agrees to inform and pay MN for any additional compensation according to the terms of this Agreement.
Client agrees to pay MN a Referral Fee for each Candidate Client employs or otherwise engages. Client agrees to pay MN all fees owed pursuant to this Agreement as soon as a Candidate referred by MN accepts an offer of employment or other engagement from Client, and in any case by no later than 24 hours before the Candidate’s first day of work for Client. Client understands and agrees that Client’s hiring or other engagement of a Candidate referred by MN will constitute Client’s acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement even if Client does not return this executed Agreement to MN.
Except as otherwise stated in this Agreement, all fees are non-refundable, earned in full, and due and payable according to the terms of this Agreement. If any fees or portions thereof are not paid when due, MN will charge interest on the unpaid amount of the fee. Interest will be calculated by multiplying the unpaid balance by the periodic rate of .5% per month (SIX PERCENT [6%] ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE). The unpaid balance will bear interest until paid. If Client’s account is turned over to an agency or other person or entity for collection, all fees and interest, including but not limited to attorney’s fees and costs, incurred relating to the collection activity will be added to Client’s original balance, become payable to MN according to the terms of this Agreement, and Client agrees to pay MN all such fees, costs, and interest. Finally, Client agrees to pay MN any charge MN incurs if Client’s check or other payment is returned or refused for any reason.
Client agrees to provide MN with a valid credit card number, expiration date, security code and other information; understands and agrees that MN shall charge Client’s credit card for all fees and charges owed to MN if Client fails to pay all fees and charges in a timely manner according to the terms of this Agreement; hereby irrevocably authorizes MN to place charges on said account in accordance with this Agreement; and agrees to pay all such charges and fees billed to Client’s credit card according to the terms of this Agreement. Client will immediately give MN new credit card information and an authorization for the new credit card(s) should Client cancel the credit card or should Client’s ability to use the credit card cease for any reason.
5. Replacement Policy: Upon fulfillment of all the conditions listed herein, subject and limited to the terms of this Agreement, for long term, full-time (35 hours or more per week), live-out placements only, if the initial Candidate leaves Client’s employment or other engagement with Client within 90 days from Candidate’s first day of employment or other engagement with Client, MN will make reasonable efforts according to applicable law for 30 days to provide additional referrals for a maximum of one replacement Candidate to Client.
MN’s obligation to refer a replacement Candidate is expressly conditioned on Client’s (1) satisfaction of all of his or her obligations under this Agreement, including but not limited to payment of all MN’s fees and charges in a timely manner; (2) providing a signed copy of this Agreement and a written work agreement between Client and the Candidate to MN within two weeks of the Candidate’s first day of employment or other engagement with Client; (3) written notification to MN (which includes the date of and reason for the termination) within seven days of (a) the Candidate’s last day worked for Client; or (b) when Client makes the decision to terminate the Candidate; or (c) when the Candidate gives notice to Client of his or her intent to leave employment with Client, whichever is earlier; (4) abiding by all applicable laws and regulations; (5) not materially changing the Candidate’s job duties or job description; and (6) not engaging in any acts of harassment, abuse, or moral turpitude with a Candidate. Determining compliance with these conditions is in the sole and absolute discretion of MN as allowed by law.
Client further understands and agrees that MN’s requirement to provide one replacement Candidate is void if Client (1) does not make an offer of employment to a Candidate within the 30 days that MN shall search for a replacement Candidate; or (2) if Client fails to interview any replacement Candidates within one week of MN’s referral of the replacement Candidate(s) to Client; or (3) Client employs another employee referred from a source other than MN.
If Client fails to satisfy all of these aforementioned conditions, MN shall have no further obligations to Client. MN’s obligation to refer a replacement Candidate shall not apply if the Candidate gives Client notice of her or his intention to terminate her or his employment with Client at the end of the applicable replacement period or any time thereafter.
If Client requires any replacement Candidates beyond the first replacement Candidate during the 90 day replacement period or after the 90 day replacement period but within the twelve months following the original Candidate’s first day of employment or other engagement with Client, Client agrees to pay MN 50% of a new Referral Fee as provided for in this Agreement. This offer for a 50% Referral Fee only applies to long-term, full-time, live-out Candidates under the conditions described in this Agreement.
6. DISCLAIMER/HOLD HARMLESS/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Except as expressly stated in this Agreement, MN assumes no liability or responsibility for, and makes no express or implied guarantees, representations or warranties about, any information, material, services, referrals, Candidates, independent contractors, employees or potential employees (including but not limited to the qualifications or performance of Candidates) it provides to Client. Client’s use of MN’s services is at Client’s own risk. Additionally, MN does not employ or exercise control or discretion over Candidates or any person referred by MN to Client, and disclaims all responsibilities for such individuals’ conduct, misconduct, negligence or omissions.
Additionally, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Client shall indemnify, defend and hold MN and its owners, agents, employees, officers, directors, representatives, attorneys, and affiliated persons and entities harmless against any damages or liability whatsoever arising out of or in any way in connection with Client’s conduct, negligence, omission(s) or misconduct.
In no event shall either party be liable for consequential, incidental, exemplary, punitive, special or indirect damages of any kind. Further, a party’s aggregate liability for damages of any kind under this Agreement – excluding Client’s potential financial responsibilities in Section 3 of this Agreement; the fees, costs and interest related to collections as referenced in Section 4 of this Agreement; and the indemnity, defense and hold harmless provision in Section 6 of this Agreement – shall be limited to the amount of the Referral Fee(s) received by or owed to MN from Client, whichever is greater. If any waiver, exclusion or limitation of damages is not permitted by law, the parties’ liability to each other is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
7. Miscellaneous: This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas. Any action or proceeding commenced regarding this Agreement or the subjects herein shall be brought in Harris County, Texas.
This Agreement is entered into by MN and Client without reliance upon any statement, representation, promise, inducement, or agreement not expressly contained herein. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between MN and Client and supersedes all prior oral and written agreements between MN and Client with respect to the subjects covered in this Agreement. This Agreement shall not be amended or modified except in a mutually agreed upon writing signed by Client and an authorized representative of MN expressly stating an intent to modify or amend this Agreement.
Client represents that he or she has carefully read and fully understands the scope and effect of all of the provisions of this Agreement; that he or she has had all such time that he or she desires within which to consider this Agreement; that he or she has had the opportunity to consult with an attorney of his or her own choosing and at his or her own expense to review this Agreement; and that he or she has availed himself or herself of this opportunity to the extent, if any, that he or she wished to do so.
The terms of this Agreement are severable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision within this Agreement shall not affect the application of any other provision, provided that the essential terms and conditions of this Agreement for each party remain valid, binding and enforceable. Further, consistent with the purposes of this Agreement, any otherwise invalid provision of this Agreement may be reformed and, as reformed, enforced by any party to this Agreement.
This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, each of which shall be deemed to be an original. Failure or delay on the part of any party to exercise any right, remedy, power or privilege under this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of any right, remedy, power or privilege. Each party agrees that the other party is not responsible for any events or circumstances beyond its control (including but not limited to war, riots, embargoes, strikes and or acts of God) that prevent the party from meeting its obligations under this Agreement.
Neither party shall assign or transfer this Agreement or any interest herein without the prior written consent of the other party. The rights and remedies provided in this Agreement shall be the sole and exclusive rights of the parties against one another relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. Section headings in this Agreement are included herein for convenience of reference only and shall not constitute a part of this Agreement for any other purpose. Sections 3, 4, 6 and 7 of this Agreement shall remain in effect even after termination of this Agreement.
The parties hereby certify, represent and warrant that they have carefully read this Agreement, that they fully understand its final and binding effect, and that they agree to all its terms and conditions.
I have read and I accept this agreement and I have retained a copy for my personal records (click on the SUBMIT/PRINT button). I understand that clicking on the SUBMIT button and submitting this form and contract is the equivalent of signing this document.